Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is replacing Disability Living Allowance (DLA).There will be no new claims for DLA for people aged between 16–64.

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is currently reassessing DLA awards as they come up for renewal, when young people turn 16 or where DLA claimants report a change in their condition.

All remaining recipients of DLA who have indefinite or fixed-term awards are also now being invited to make a PIP claim.This is happening on a rolling basis and you will be notified by theDWP about what you need to do to claim PIP. DWP will prioritise recipients who turned 65 after 8 April 2013, when PIP was first introduced.

Further information

PIP helps with some of the extra costs caused by long-term ill-health or a disability, if you’re aged 16 to 64.

You could get between

The rate depends on how your condition affects you, not the condition itself.

You’ll need anto work out the level of help you get. Your rate will be regularly reassessed to make sure you’re getting the right support.

If you need further information or support to claim PIP please call the employment and money advice team on 0800 048 8955 or email ema.staffordshire@homesplus.co.uk, ema.shropshire@homesplus.co.uk.

Footer Angle